Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The World and Everything After

This is my first post on what I hope will be a regular series of musings which will hopefully be interesting to the readers, and I'll use it to set a parameter or two.

A couple of rules - we are here to actually have debate leading toward agreement and suggestion. Flame wars and trolls will be warned, and then, will be banned. Flame blogs are the province of ego-centric bloggers and their apple-polishing followers - I don't have an interest in any such a place. If you chose to conduct yourself that way, well, you've been warned.

The other point is that I'll draw from other sources. I don't steal ideas, content, or credit. I also don't get my talking points from anywhere, coordinate my ideas with anyone. I've worked on a few political campaigns as a volunteer, but don't currently and will disclose any such associations should they arise.

A bit about me:

  • I live in Minnesota, attended and earned a degree in Technology Management from Concordia University - and have a PMP designation from the Project Management Institute.
  • I work as a project leader in financial services, have worked as a health claim auditor and divisional manager, an IT leader, business analyst, and served 12 years in the Army and Army Reserves. I did so for money for school, but consider it one of the real highlights of my life.
  • In my professional career, I've had the opportunity to do a lot of things, and so have picked up a bit in a lot of areas - and that experience guides my life and obviously therefore, what I'll write.
  • I'm a centrist, hopefully somewhat learned, political junkie. I see points local and global that I hope will provide some insight toward discussion of problems, if not soluton. With that, I normally will comment from my perspective on a wide range of issues, but always, with the understanding that my experience is hardly the place from which policy must flow.

    And so, let us begin - as Shakespeare said, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players," whether for weal or woe only time can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment