Monday, September 15, 2014

Thou shalt have no other gods before me...


Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Exodus 20: 3-
6.
 

And if you really want a laugh:

 

Yes, I do believe in the "golden rule (or rule of reciprocity), but the NRA is about the most diametrically opposed organisation to the Golden Rule I can think of.  They are the last organisation to try and use the "golden rule" for any purpose.

If you would rather be judges by 12 than carried by six, then you should allow criminals to have their legal right to a trial--not allow for summary execution and vigilante justice.

BTW, the picture above is of a piece by an artist named Al Farrow.  I'm not sure what his take is on this.  The work is called "Fingernail of the Trigger Finger of Santo Guerro".  The picture ended up on a gun loon page as a mash up between Christianity and guns.  Maybe that's Mr. Fallow's point.

No comments:

Post a Comment