Sunday, March 21, 2010

Apologies

In a recent post, I questioned the qualifications of John (Johnny) Roosh - I did so because the standard in Financial Planning is that if asked, you answer. You're not supposed to offer specific financial advice (on pain of losing your job) if you work in the industry unless you are credentialed. For more than a year, Mr. Roosh failed to answer a perfectly innocent and straightforward question. He recently said it was on privacy grounds - yet, all answering would have done is confirm his status, it would have revealed nothing further. To me it seems he didn't answer more out of pugnaciousness, but that's just me.

Yet, he felt my questioning of his credentials went more into saying he didn't have any. I didn't say that, but as that is the inference he took, and it is certainly NOT the inference I intended, I sincerely apologize. Someone's expertise can be questioned, but it should not be said to not exist unless you have verified that it doesn't. So, to him and to the readers, I apologize for any inference taken by my apparently poorly chosen words.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Pen, I'm glad you wrote this.

    This is a demonstration of your character, and does you credit. It is an example of the qualities of character that have earned my deep respect.

    ReplyDelete