In celebration of the holiday, here is a Labor Day trivia quiz, the holiday zone.
questions courtesy of
1. When is Labor Day observed in the United States and Canada?
A. September 1
B. the first Monday in September
C. the second Monday in September
D. May 1
2. Which of these countries celebrates Labor Day on May 1st?
C. New Zealand
3. Who is widely believed to be the father of Labor Day in America?
A. Henry Ward Beecher
B. Peter McGuire
C. Abraham Lincoln
D. Samuel Gompers
4. Which President signed the bill making Labor Day a National Holiday?
A. William McKinley
B. Benjamin Harrison
C. Chester Arthur
D. Grover Cleveland
5. Which city in the United States was the first to celebrate Labor Day?
A. Atlanta, Georgia
B. Chicago, Illinois
C. San Francisco, California
D. New York City, New York
6. What nickname was assigned to 19th century labor activist Peter McGuire?
A. Disturber of the Public Peace
B. The People's Spokesperson
C. The Voice of the Multitudes
7. When is the first labor strike in U. S. history believed to have occurred?
8. When was the first Labor Day parade held in America?
You can either follow the link to the source of this labor day trivia quiz for the answers, or read them at the end of the day on Monday here on Penigma. Enjoy!
Room Service Surplus
29 minutes ago