Sunday, June 25, 2023

I was curious as to what exactly would be the effect of Elon Musk taking over Twitter.

Disclaimer: I am a shareholder in a few tech companies! I also subscribe to the UN's Principles for Responsible Investment (unpri.org). Even then I let my Luddite tendencies run amok.  Yeah, it's fun asking Microsoft why our products are shit, yet we have a monopoly at the shareholder meetings...

But the real reason I am writing this is that Twitter has become crap since Elon Mush has taken it over. I guess when you have a family that made its money in blood diamonds investing in your projects you can go wild and make shitloads of money

On paper

The problem with this bubble is that it is tulipmania waiting to explode, but there are probably darker forces behind the bubble, as in the surveillance state.

So, you might want to start making posts about how much support gun control, in fact banning guns sounds really good, if you are a ardent gun rights supporter because just remember who REALLY invented the internet. AND IT WASN'T AL GORE OR , EVEN, MORE IMPORTANTLY, TIM BERNERS-LEE!!

The origins of the Internet date back to the development of packet switching and research commissioned by the United States Department of Defense in the late 1960s to enable time-sharing of computers. The primary precursor network, the ARPANET, initially served as a backbone for the interconnection of regional academic and military networks in the 1970s to enable resource sharing.
Yeah, somebody is way ahead of the hackers, but that's another thing.

And it doesn't really matter since I am not keen on social media, especially if I am not connecting with the people I need or want to connect with.

 And I'm not on twitter.

It seems that Mush's buying Twitter may be the end of the line.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/dec/13/twitter-lose-users-elon-musk-takeover-hate-speech

No comments:

Post a Comment