Friday, March 11, 2022

Here's a woman politician with an assault rifle I can get behind!

Nope, she's not from the States, but I bet that headline got your attention. She's Kira Rudik: She's a businesswoman who has worked in the US. Now, she is a member of the Ukrainian Parliament since 2019 and Current leader of the Голос (Holos) Political Party.  Голос has a dual meaning of either "Voice" or "Vote":

 It has two meanings, and both are very important to us. <...> Because Voice is their [the voters'] voice, by which they demonstrate a desire for change, it is their voice of change. On the other hand, it is their vote, that they can cast [in elections]. <...> The voice, in fact, characterizes Ukrainian voters and their desire for change. What else, if not the voice?

This is a party I can really stand behind. 

I might have a lot of qualms if she were in the States, but she's in Ukraine and she will defend he country with her life. She has made it clear that her reason for bearing arms is to defend Ukraine.



Hence the assault rifle. 

She may not be the leader, but she is as strong a voice as Volodomyr Zalenski.

She's somebody that is very persuasive for the Ukrainian cause and seen on US and other western media. I haven't been able to interview her, but she is one of many sources I follow on Twitter for news about the Ukraine War.



I haven't met her in person yet, but I hope to someday. I hope that we can work together to rebuild Ukraine and get it firmly in the European Union.

I hope she can inspire support for Ukraine and its freedom in the United States. After all, this is a woman who gets the Second Amendment.

🇺🇦Слава Україні!
💪Разом до перемоги!

See also:

No comments:

Post a Comment