Wednesday, March 16, 2022

OK, I have Ukrainian heritage--of course, I'm concerned.


As I like to say, I'm European if we are going into where my ancestors came from: Pretty much the map of EU members with the exception of Portugal and Spain. So...

A little more of Lesia Vasylenko:

I personally would have thought this would have ended a while back, but the Black Knight analogy is indeed a good one for the Russians.  According to the Ukrainian Defence Ministry 40% of  the Russian units that invaded Ukraine during the past weeks were destroyed or defeated.  Despite that Russia is forming and sending in new Units. The Ukrainians are promising that those units will meet the same fate as the ones before them. 

While the Defence Ministry says "Ukraine is invincible", I am still worried that Putain is a madman. And a cornered one at that.

I had to laugh when I saw the headline in L'Obs asking if "Putain was a dictator?"

Seriously?

Fuck yeah, he is!

I agree with Oleksiy Sorokin who says "Listening to Lavrov talking about “a possible compromise,” after Russia killed what looks like tens of thousands of people, I don’t see Ukraine accepting anything less than Russian withdrawal from Donbas, including Donetsk & Luhansk. There’s no middle ground anymore."

And an unnamed Ukrainian negotiator says, "Ukraine could agree to what Russians call "neutral status" but according to the Ukrainian model. That means legally verified security guarantees: in case of war signatories provide weapons and air defense immediately without bureaucratic procedures or conditions,"

Personally, I think Russia needs to be taught a lesson that its aggression doesn't pay off.

Time to mention yet another Ukrainian woman. This one is Oleksandra Kuvshynova, Her Fox News ID listed her as being a "Producer." According to the people on the ground she was what is called a "Fixer", or a local who helps the News Crews navigate the landscape: especially in dangerous areas.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ukrainian-journalist-oleksandra-kuvshinova-killed-attack

EDIT Fox News wasn't mentioning that she was killed along with their other correspondent, so I will. Fox News said they delayed announcing her death "out of respect for her family".

Not sure what to say after that other than that I hope Fox News changes their bias on Ukraine prestement.

And you wonder why I want this war to end soon, but I want Russia to pay for the devastation its aggression has caused Ukraine. Russia can't get off easily for this act of aggression against its neutal neighbour.

Just in case you want to know more of what is happening:
https://english.nv.ua/nation/day-21-of-putin-s-war-russians-attack-kyiv-zaporizhzhia-vinnytsia-odesa-shore-50225446.html

And a parting word for those of you who want to believe Russian sources, or just want to see Ukrainian resolve:



No comments:

Post a Comment