Wednesday, May 10, 2023

More on the failure of Artificial Intelligence

Sure, it's neat to see videos of robots jumping up and down while doing things that would be impossible for most people. On the other hand, I wonder how fake those happen to be. Are the interviews with AI chatbots staged by people who know what to ask.

Yes, yet another attempt to get information from a computer "gatekeeper" which ended in failure.

You can't really complain to the company since the AI won't let you talk to a person: especially if your query isn't in their menu of options. This is why a human is far better than a machine--no matter how "intelligent" it may appear.

In this current case--I have received notice that a shipment is on its way from a company I am not familiar with. I contacted the company, but this shipment appears to be a mistake. So, I thought I would try to find out more from the carrier.

Unfortunately, the AI works as a gatekeeper to prevent me from actually getting help with my issue.

As I said, AI is more useless than trying to talk to someone in a call centre who happens to speak my language as a second language: if even that. At least the person in the call centre will make some effort. The machine lacks empathy and understanding of the actual issue.

The only thing to worry about artificial intelligence is that there isn't some form of human check to keep if from doing what it does best.

Fuck things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment