Monday, August 19, 2024

Euro 1 to Euro 6 – Euro automobile emission standards explained

I don't really have a problem with driving in Paris since I usually take public transportation, but this popped up on my social media feed. It's your tough luck if you don't understand Italian.

I do drive, but it got me wondering what I would have to do should I decide to try driving in Paris again.

Which led me to learning that European Union regulations have been imposed on new cars, with the aim of improving air quality since 1992. This means that a car has to meet a certain Euro emissions standard depending upon when it is made. There are charts out there that explain which Euro rating your car is. Finding out whether your car is a Euro 6 diesel or a Euro 1 petrol, knowing your car's rating is more important than ever now, given the increasing number of levies and fines being introduced for older cars, especially diesels.

So, while people in the US are freaking out that there will be changes in automobile emissions standards with a push toward lowering them. That being tied to air quality.

The good thing is that older cars which are not as efficient will be eliminated.

But, yes, your cars in the future may not run on petroleum.

No comments:

Post a Comment