Monday, September 10, 2012

For our resident Sci-Fi and Science Geek

Orders from Sir Patrick Moore, longtime host of the BBC's The Sky at Night, telling you to see the RAF Theatre Company's version of the Return to the Forbidden Planet.  Of course, Sir Patrick was the narrator in the UK versions of the musical up until recently (he has been replaced by Queen's Brian May, who is also an astronomer).

Maybe I need to remember that Sir Patrick has been willing to do things like that when I think of him being in anyway stuffy.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Laci!

    I watched not only Thuderbird 6 over the weekend but the latest BBCAmerica episode of Dr. Who, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2012/sep/08/doctor-who-dinosaurs-on-spaceship) - with Queen Nefertiti, no less. I rounded that out with an hour of History of Science, which focused on the development of the heliocentric theory replacing the geocentric notions, and early telescope development by Gallileo Gallilei.

    I'm feeling thoroughly and completely spoiled rotten now. This was the perfect complement to my weekend indulgence.

    ReplyDelete