The Florida scenario would also mean that she would have won with 21 States and the District of Columbia (see the atttached pic for how this all would have worked out).
If anything, the fact that the popular vote is meaningless is one of the more significant reasons for voting Green (toss in the Environment is far more my "single issue" if we are going there).
While people may try to shame people who vote third party, the fact is that the popular vote is meaningless as long as the Electoral College is in effect.
Additionally, the Electoral College protecting the small states argument is also fallactious.
If anything, the 2000 and 2016 Elections have demonstrated that the Electoral College is another relic from the US Constitution that needs to be purged.
- Did Jill Stein voters deliver Donald Trump the presidency?
- No, Jill Stein Did Not Cost Hillary Clinton the White House
- Did third-party candidates Jill Stein and Gary Johnson lose Clinton the election?
- Jill Stein: Democratic Spoiler Or Scapegoat? | FiveThirtyEight
- The Electoral College Was Meant to Stop Men Like Trump From Being President
- The Electoral College is Profoundly Undemocratic By Design
- Trump owes his victory to America’s unique Electoral College system
- How the Electoral College Rigged the Election for Donald Trump
- The Electoral College effect — in 3 cool charts
- America's Unique and Controversial Electoral College
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Electoral College
- Hillary Clinton’s Popular-Vote Victory Is Unprecedented—and Still Growing
- Why Electoral College wins are bigger than popular vote ones
- Hillary Clinton's Lead Is Greater Than Multiple Former Presidents'