Saturday, October 15, 2011

MISTER Brown, so YOU think you are someone's Lovely Daughter?
Senator Brown, handsome is as handsome DOES!

"Mrs. Brown you've got a lovely daughter.
Girls as sharp as her are something rare."

The title of this post is a pun on the lyrics of a mid-1960's song, "Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter" by a British pop band that had some success in the U.S. as well, with the improbable name Herman's Hermits.  They have a charming naiveté that adds a bit of fun to an otherwise very serious subject. (And obviously, I like to add in bits of mixed media in my blogging.)

The post is about plagiarism by Senator Scott Brown from Elizabeth Dole, who I have always admired as a very 'sharp' woman in politics, one of my favorite women conservatives.  She has always been sharp in every sense of the word, including appearance, intellect, and particularly poise and ability to think on her feet with a clever and intelligent response.  So as an admirer of Mrs. Dole, I was more than usually offended by this apparent plagiarism by Mr. Brown.

The 'daughter' reference will become clear below.

Rachel calls Scott Brown out for lying
Word cloud, courtesy of the Maddowblog, MSNBC
that is supposed to be a brown background
generated by wordie.net
The post is about a plagiarism scandal involving newly-minted Senator Scott Brown of Massachusetts.  The following will explain (from the Rachel Maddow show, Friday October 14, 2011):



 
This is not a good development for Brown in view of the recent decision by Elizabeth Warren to challenge him in the next Senatorial race, in 2012.

I have to admit that I laughed out loud at the part near the end about blaming this on the 'summer intern'........back in February.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think you were old enough to know that song. Go on, tell me your parents used to listen to it.

    I, on the other hand, have that song imbedded deep in my brain.

    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete